William Bellamy Primary School
I would like to warmly welcome you to our website which will hopefully give you a flavour of all of the wonderful things going on here at William Bellamy Primary School.
At our school, we aim to give our children and their families the very best experience a school can offer.
We value every member of our community and have a team who will willingly give up their time to listen to you and support you in any way they can.
We believe that the whole learning experience for our children includes that at home as well as at school, we therefore understand the need to work in partnership in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for all of our children and their families.
If you feel there is anything missing from our website - please do not hesitate to let us know.
If you need to contact either Kathy Dee (Chair of Governors), Yvonne Alexander or Vicky Holland (Family Support Team), the School Office (Mrs Dawkins) or the Head teacher (Miss Preston) - you can do this by clicking on the 'Contact' button at the side of the page.
Miss J. Preston
What Ofsted said about William Bellamy Primary (November 2012)
- All teachers have established productive and respectful relationships with pupils and they manage behaviour extremely well. This contributes to the progress which pupils make in lessons.
- All teachers share with pupils what they are expected to learn in lessons and make good use of 'working walls' to help pupils know how well they are learning.
- The curriculum provides pupils with good breadth and balance, including good opportunities for their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- Pupils' attitudes towards the school and in lessons are very good.
- Pupils are well behaved, courteous and respectful.
- Pupils' attendance has risen year on year and is now above average.
- Morale of staff is very high and the leadership has the confidence of parents, staff and the local authority.
What the parents said about William Bellamy Primary (June 2013)
- This past year, my child has shown real improvement academically, the change is amazing and he is seeking out ways to gain information. Something he would never of done last year. I highly recommend this school and I tell others how good it is and how much it has helped my son and me. Keep up the good work.
- The school is very helpful and well run. Keeps me informed at all times of any problems.
- I am grateful for all the help and understanding I receive from the school.
- William Bellamy school is very good and teachers are very helpful.
- I really appreciate the hard work and care of all the teachers and assistants. I could see my children improving in their school work every time.
- William Bellamy is a great school and staff are very friendly and welcoming.
- Very proud of the way the school is running, good teachers, good staff, good management.
- Good school, so so happy my girl attends the school.
- The school is doing its best to impact knowledge on the children. I have never had any incident of bullying relating to any of my children.
- I'm very happy with the progress my son has made in Reception and now Year 1. I'm happy especially with how often their reading levels are assessed and that spellings become more challenging.
- My children are happy and doing well in school.
- I'm very happy with everything the school is doing but please keep it up.
- Am very pleased with the school and will recommend it to any parent.
- To keep up the standards higher as I know the sky is the limit and thanks to the teacher for being a good role model as the kids look up to them.
- I am not fully aware of how the school deals with bullying as this incident has not happened with my child. But I would agree the school would deal with this immediately as it is a good school, maybe one of the best, the staff are very helpful, especially my son's teachers.
'We Learn...We Grow...Together'