Meet the team:
Miss Hodgkin- Year Group Leader. Golapi Class Teacher. Key worker group- Dragonflies
Miss Hardy - Rausva AM teacher - Key Worker group- Caterpillars
Mr Ahmed- Key Worker Group- Bumblebees
Miss Holroyd - Key Worker Group- Ladybirds.
Welcome to the Nursery Page. This page will be updated fortnightly with information and pictures of our learning.
We very much hope that your child has a happy time here. The following are some of the ways in which you can help us:
- Always tell a member of staff if your child is worried about anything that happened either at school or at home.
- Make sure that we always have an up to date telephone number so that we are able to contact you if your child is ill or has an accident.
- If your child is absent please ring the school office on each day of the absence.
- Please do not let your child bring toys to school as they may become upset if the toys are mislaid or broken.
- Encourage your child to be independent so that they can put their own coat on and off, and go to the toilet unaided washing their hands afterwards.
- Please bring your child to nursery every day and on time!
- Please label all of your children's clothing.
- Always tell us who will be picking up your child if it someone other than you.
Over the last two weeks we have been looking at the book The Little Red Hen.
We have enjoyed learning about how bread is made and we have been making our own bread. We have also made our own hen pictures.
The children have also been learning about Autumn and we have been on an Autumn Walk. We have explored mixing Autumn colours and learning about conkers, twigs, leaves and pine cones. The children have been working hard to learn our Autumn Festival songs and they cannot wait to share them with you on Friday.
This term we will be focusing on separating from our parents, settling into nursery and making new friends. We will be learning how to discover in all the different areas in the nursery.
In reading we will be focusing on listening to and enjoying stories. We will also be focusing on joining in with repetitive parts of the text. We will learn how to listen to a story, discuss what is happening in the story and answer simple questions about the story. This term we will be looking at the texts 'I went Walking' 'Polar Bear, Polar Bear what do you see?' and 'The Little Red Hen'.
In writing we will be focusing on giving meanings to our marks. We will be exploring using different writing tools and talking about our pictures.
In Maths we will be focusing on counting objects and sorting objects by colours, size and shapes. We will also be exploring 2D shapes and exploring shapes in our environment.
Understanding the World
We will be looking at the changes in the weather during Autumn and how these changes affect the natural world around us. There will be binoculars and magnifying glasses available to help us explore these changes. We will also be learning about Harvest. We will be having a Harvest Celebration on Friday 19th October. We will also be exploring using Bee-bots and cameras.
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
We will be focussing on separating from our parents and making new friends. We will be learning how to share and take turns with our peers.
we will be learning how to hold a pencil correctly and how to use scissors safely. We will also be learning how to climb safely on the large climbing frame.
Expressive Arts and Design
We will be developing our imaginations in our role play areas. This term will have a home corner set up inside and a hospital outside. We will be able to explore and act out experiences that are familiar to us. We will be singing every day, and exploring a range of musical instruments.
For more information on the key areas of learning please see the Autumn 1 newsletter below.